Sunday, January 6, 2013

1/52: Evening Rituals

This year I am participating in Paint the Moon's Let's Do 52 Project for 2013. The overall theme for the year is This is Our Life

Week 1 Prompt: Evening Rituals 


Nikon D5000 • 1/60 • ƒ1.8 • ISO 5000 • 35mm
I set up this shot prior to getting into bed. Then I instructed my husband to sneak in once we were asleep to take a few pictures. 


Sometimes we read, sometimes we take a bath, sometimes we have an evening snack. The one thing that is constant is that I will lay down with our little guy until he falls asleep. We've been doing this since he was born. I would nurse him to sleep every night (for 28 months) and either co-sleep or move him to his crib. He's been weaned for some time, so now he just wants a mommy snuggle to help him relax and drift off.  Some nights we will bed share until dawn, and other nights he asks to go to his own room once he is sleepy. 

These are the nights that I cherish, because I know that they are fleeting. He won't always want mommy to lay with him until he falls asleep, so I want to soak it all in before it's gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment