Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Let's Do 52


This year I have resolved to be more consistent with my blog posts. To help me attain this goal I am participating in Paint the Moon's Let's Do 52 Project for 2013. This year's theme is This is Our Life.


Annie Manning writes on her blog, "There will be a prompt or theme every week for those who find it beneficial or challenging to have something specific to shoot in their project, but for those who simply want to venture out on their own and record the moments that matter to them regardless of the theme I wholeheartedly invite you to do so. Everyone is welcome – you don’t have to be a pro, you don’t even have to shoot with a DSLR to join, and you don’t need to use any Paint the Moon products to participate (although the images picked to be featured on the blog will be those that used PTM in their editing). Join anytime of the year and no beating yourself up if you miss a week … this is a no pressure or guilt project!".

I think this is the perfect 52 Project for me to participate in since my photographic style tends to lean toward lifestyle photography. I am looking forward to honing my photographic skills and further explore the capabilities of my camera equipment.

I will be shooting with a Nikon D5000 and Nikkor 35mm f/1.8, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, and 55-200mm f/1.4-5.6 lenses. The camera body is pretty decent, although I wish it were a little faster and produced less noise in low light. 


My ultimate goal is to get to a point where I can produce professional level images with this equipment, then upgrade to a Nikon D700. 



I primarily shoot with the 35mm, as I love the bokeh that comes from it, and the low light capabilities. My dream lens is an AFS 85mm f1/4, but for now it is a bit out of my price range. If anyone feels like gifting it to me, I wouldn't object.


I hope that you join us on this 52 Project! I look forward to the challenge each week and can't wait to share with you what I do!http://paintthemoon.net/blog/2013/01/paint-moon-life-photo-project-52-week-lifestyle-photoshop-actions/

No comments:

Post a Comment