Thursday, February 14, 2013

6/52: Good Morning


This year I am participating in Paint the Moon's Let's Do 52 Project for 2013. The overall theme for the year is This is Our Life


Week 6 Prompt: Good Morning 


Nikon D5000 • 1/100 • ƒ1.8 • ISO 800 • 35mm 

Every morning I am the first one out of the house. To some this may seem like a unwanted burden, but I love to be awake and in the woods before the rest of the world has risen. Most mornings it is still dark when I get outside, but on this day I was running late and caught the sun just cresting over the mountaintops. We had an unexpected snowfall the night before; the flakes so light that they clung to every surface. All of the forest sounds were muffled allowing the woods to take on the feeling of a cocoon. I imagined that this must have been what C.S. Lewis had in mind when he envisioned Narnia. I had just a few minutes to relish the stillness and grab the shot before I had to get back to my routine. By the time I returned in the early evening all of the snow had melted and the magic was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment