Sunday, February 24, 2013

7/52: Negative Space & 8/52: Wild Card


This year I am participating in Paint the Moon's Let's Do 52 Project for 2013. The overall theme for the year is This is Our Life


Week 7 Prompt: Negative Space 


Nikon D5000 • 1/2000 • ƒ2 • ISO 200 • 35mm 

As a designer I know the value of negative space within a composition. It gives the viewer's eye a chance to rest, thus making the overall image easier to process. I always try to frame my shots so that there is reasonable amount of negative space incorporated into the layout. Playing with the depth of field creates great bokeh, and keeps the background elements from becoming distracting. I love the juxtaposition of this image, taken shortly after a record breaking blizzard. The darkness of my son's jacket contrasts nicely with the whiteout of the snow fall and forest behind him. Processed with PTM Add Some Honey (not right out of the can, but with adjustments edited).




Week 8 Prompt: Wild Card 


Nikon D5000 • 1/50 • ƒ5 • ISO 200 • 34mm 

We were given the option to photograph whatever we wanted for this week, so of course I chose my favorite subject! I was out on the back deck taking advantage of the dry weather in order to photograph some new designs and recent orders. My little shadow needed to see what I was doing, and shoved the tremendously heavy slider open just enough to peek through. I managed to catch him before he moved. This is such a perfect manifestation of his impish personality. Processed with PTM Urban Delight(not right out of the can, but with adjustments edited).

No comments:

Post a Comment